Monday, October 11, 2010

Looking Back … Moving Forward

This morning I sat down at the computer to write to all of you out of what God has been doing in my life. I decided to look back through my readings in the Bible over the past months and share some biblical truths I had underlined. So here are a few of them:

“Stop doubting and believe.” John 20, Jesus speaking to Thomas after the resurrection.

“You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.” Acts 2, Peter quoting King David.

“Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” John 17:3, Jesus speaking to His disciples before His death.

“Stand Firm!”

“If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: Watch!” Matt. 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, Jesus speaking to His disciples.

When I meditate on all of these thoughts together they point me in a direction of how to live. Whether I am discouraged -- I do get that way from time to time -- aimless, drowning in lack of assurance or just plane being lazy, all I need to do is look in His word for help and then start moving in the direction He is pointing me to and life will be promising again.

What direction are you heading in today?

Cathy Bytwerk

1 comment:

  1. Cathy,
    Thanks for sharing those uplifting Scriptures. I am heading forward today, but it is never wrong to look back and see where God has brought us from and reflect on His Words.
    In Christ, Patricia

    ReplyDelete