Friday, October 8, 2010

The Good Old Days

By saying, “The Good Old Days,” it makes me sound like I am really old! Well, I’m not young, but I don’t really think of myself as old either. But using this silly computer makes me want to go back to the days when people actually called each other on the phone and wrote letters now and then. I was trying to send a document to my Historical Society (I am the secretary) and I got so frustrated that I could have screamed. The only thing that kept me from crying was to have my husband try to do it and he failed as well.

My husband and I are headed for Hawaii in the morning (I know that you feel sorry for me) and I have so much to do. I think of myself as a pretty organized person, with a list of tasks to take care of. All I needed to do was to send out one tiny document and it blew away my schedule. Can you identify with me at all?

I never wanted a computer. I said that I would never own one and now I have three. I asked for a notebook computer for Mother’s Day and my husband, Jim, bought me one to use at the Coffee Shop for my “Coffee Ministry” and on vacations. What was I thinking? They cause me undo stress except for e-mailing -- I love to e-mail my friends and family. I know that I am rambling on but isn’t that what blogs are for sometimes? Pray for me please. Hebrews 10:25b says, “but let us encourage one another.”

I am feeling much better now…God bless you Sisters.

Patricia Harvey

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, I can't tell you how satisfying it is to me when the computer stumps my hubby, too. LOL! (I mean, besides the fact that even then I wish he could just fix it. *sheepish grin*)
    I'm glad the rambling helped you. I know just how you feel.

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    Thanks for your understanding. And I know what you mean about the "grin" when hubby can't do it either on the computer. Mine usually says, "what did you do?" as if it is my fault! But here I am using my computer and lovin' the fact that I have it. Have a good day...Patricia

    ReplyDelete