Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Luck or Lord?

Have you ever had one of those days when you were in the right place at the right time? I have those moments a lot! Some would say it is just a coincidence, or luck, but I am not a lucky person (see my blog entry about my fall). So I don’t believe it is luck, and these moments happen far too often to be just coincidence.

Recently, I took over a case at work and didn’t feel like I needed to see the patient quite yet. They were not ready to hear the options for care I had to offer them, even though my option was really the only one they had. I finally decided that I was going to go see this patient, introduce myself and spend some time with them.

I came to see the patient at 2 p.m. The nurse said “Oh, you are here for the meeting.” “What meeting?” I asked. “The big family meeting,” she answered. I had no idea a family meeting was scheduled, but I attended it anyway. During the meeting I got to be a support to this patient and family and inform them of how I could help. It went great, and I think I am going to be able to help this patient be more comfortable during the last part of their life here on earth.

I know I have mentioned this before, but this situation reminds me again that God is always at work around us! He is always working in me and working for the good of those that I care for. We serve an amazing and loving God! Our God consistently puts us in the right place at the right time to minister to His people and to accomplish His work and luck has nothing to do with it. Incredible! God, thank You for Your direction in my daily life!

Michelle Heriford

1 comment:

  1. "Luck has nothing to do with it."
    Amen to that!
    I love to see His hand orchetrating my days. It's ALL HIM!
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete