Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unconditional Love

I just recently listened to a song by Kari Jobe called “You Are for Me.” Part of the chorus is You are for me … I know you will never forsake me in my weakness.

God never forsaking me in my weakness is the hardest thing for me to grasp as a Christian. Why is it that so many of us feel like we don’t measure up to God’s love? I struggle with many things and ideals of this fallen world. Cattiness, discontentment, laziness are all things I have repeatedly asked God for forgiveness. This constant struggle often makes me feel like I’m not worthy of God’s love. I think this may be true for a lot of women; so many of us feel unworthy but I think God’s love can shine the most brightly amidst that brokenness.

Romans 8:38-39 says:

“I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us. We can’t be separated by death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the present or anything in the future, by forces or powers in the world above or in the world below, or by anything else in creation.” 

I need to always be reminded of this verse. He will never give up on me because I don’t measure up. He loves me at my worst, and He loves me at my best. Nothing can or will change that.

Nichole Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment