Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Pizzazz

What can be more fun then having some friends over to share a summer day? God has wired me for hospitality and I love using that blessed gift. When my guests come I like to have some food and beverages on hand that don’t require much preparation and are different than the usual fare. Here’s a great beverage that gives a lot of pizzazz!

Lemon-Lime Pizzazz:

1 pint (2 cups) lime sherbet, slightly softened
2 T. presweetened lemonade flavor drink mix
1 C. club soda
1 C. coarsely crushed ice cubes

Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses (put the glasses in the freezer for about 30 minutes). Serve immediately.

Makes four ½-cup servings
Calories: 170 (low-fat)

If I have some colorful straws on hand I stick those in the glasses.

How about you? What hospitality pizzazz do you extend to friends?

Cathy Bytwerk

No comments:

Post a Comment