Monday, November 15, 2010

In Search of Sunshine

Some days I seem to love to complain. Imagine, for a minute, a fictitious storm cloud hanging directly over my head and following my every move. With every bolt of thunder or downpour of rain my mood gets darker and darker. I can blame my sour attitude on waking up on the wrong side of the bed, that wonderful monthly reminder that God made me a woman, or any multitude of reasons. I stomp my way through my day grumbling about having to pick up after my family, cook yet another meal, or make my way through the mountains of dirty laundry that seemed to have appeared overnight.

Being in the trenches of motherhood, or womanhood, is just plain hard sometimes but what would my life look like if everything I did was for the Lord? What if I didn’t complain about serving my family because those chores or duties weren’t really out of obedience to them but to the Lord? Wouldn’t life be simpler, and more joyful? Isn’t that what so many of us seek?

Colossians 3:23 says: 
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember, that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.” 

So trade in your storm cloud for sunshine because that inheritance that our Father promises is going to be AWESOME!

Nichole Richardson

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Nichole. I hear you!
    I used to get really annoyed because my son ALWAYS wanted a drink of water AFTER he got into bed. Sometimes I made him go get it himself.
    And then one night I realized, If Jesus asked me to get Him a drink of water, I would do it with JOY!
    That perspective shift changed everything!

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete