Friday, November 12, 2010

As Close as a Whisper

I recently had surgery of a major degree and was pretty much home bound while healing. The word “home bound” to a person like me seems like a jail sentence; I love to be out and about and doing life. But I found that it was the best time of my life! Not because of catching up on all of my reading or TV, but having time with my Lord is what made it such a beautiful experience. He is as close as a whisper! And His Word never changes or never gets old.

I received a card with these words:
  • A physician will ask you how you feel and what your symptoms are. The Great Physician knows how you feel and understands what you are going through. 
  • A physician will have you come to the office. The Great Physician will stay with you and never leave your side. 
  • A physician will treat you with the best medicine available. The Great Physician will treat you with the riches of His grace. 
  • A physician will send you a bill for services rendered. The Great Physician does His work without charge. 
  • A physician tries his very best to help you. The Great Physician assures you that your life couldn’t be in better hands! 
I am glad for doctors and medicine, but the One that gave them the knowledge to treat me is the One that I look to and whisper to in the middle of the night or day. He is my constant companion. A little down time is wonderful if you have Jesus by your side.

Hebrews 13:5b, 6 tells us, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.’”

Patricia Harvey

1 comment:

  1. Patricia, I can relate to this completely! Sometimes He slows us down, and we think it's going to be terrible, but then He fills us with His presence - because we can't fill ourselves with busy-ness. It's a beautiful thing!
    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete