Monday, May 3, 2010

Pajama Day

Today was one of those days where all I wanted to wear was my pajamas. I wasn’t inspired to just lay around; I wanted to dig into some major projects and be really comfy while digging.

My plan was to take down my shear drapes, wash them in the bathtub, hang them up to dry, and place them back on freshly cleaned windows. As I stroked my windows with Windex cleaner, I realized how exposed I was to anyone who might make an unexpected visit to me. If that would have happened, they would have seen me for who I truly am — dressed in pajamas, bed hair, unbrushed teeth, and NO MAKE-UP!

Then the thought occurred to me that God is the one who sees me as I really am only He doesn’t make any judgements about me. He accepts what He sees. He gently opens my eyes to see where I can make improvements in myself, change some habits, and basically get cleaned up. What He desires to see in me is His reflection, just like I wanted my windows to reflect cleanliness. Maybe you need a pajama day too.



Try it and see what God shows you. :-)

Cathy Bytwerk
Coordinator of Women's Ministry , Trinity Church

1 comment:

  1. I once heard a quote (Don't know who said it...) that went something like this: God loves you just the way you are. But too much to leave you that way!
    Seems like your pajama day is a perfect illustration of that concept.

    ~Karen

    ReplyDelete